Life is a question itself that we need to answer for ourselves. We become who we are depending on the answer we give to ourselves. Successful people review themselves from time to time. To live our dreams or achieve the vision we have for ourselves we need to answer these six basic questions.
- Who Am I? Mostly we are asked this kind of questions during job interviews where they tell you to tell us a bit about you. But you don’t need to get to an interview to answer it for yourself. This deals with your content. What you are made up of. The skills you have acquired over time during the course of your career, while in school or self thought skills. What are your personal values and interest.What kind of work motivates you. What are your strengths, talent and passion.Answering this questions tells who you really are.
- Where am I now? Life is a journey with different stages.Recognizing where you are will keep you away from illusions. At what point are you in achieving your life goals. Lets say for example you are a secondary school teacher with Bachelors degree in education,a beginner with 0-2 years experience,living in a one room apartment right now.This is where you are right now but where you want to be is a senior management staff in secondary schooling,with seven years or more experience, a Ph.D in Education Management, living in a 3 bedroom bungalow with your spouse. identify the stages you are in right now it will helping you in crafting what you want with your life.
- How satisfied am I? How happy , fulfilled or sad are you with your life, job or family? Is this really what you want? Are you satisfied with your role as a parent, employee, friend , student etc. Be truthful with yourself.
- What changes do you want? After reviewing your life you might discover that you are satisfied with where you are which is legit. Life review has a way of boosting your morale and rekindling your energy for the task ahead. Maybe you found that you are not satisfied with where you are now you need to ask yourself what do you want to change? What are the things you need to stop or start doing to get to where you want in life.Do you want to see a better you or the same old you.The ball is in your court to do with as you please.
- How do I make it happen? The first step in making progress is to decide what you want. Now that you have done that what do you require to make it happen. You need an ACTION PLAN. An action plan is a list of steps that must be taken in order to achieve a specific goal. The aim is to clarify what resources you require to reach that goal, formulate a timeline for when specific tasks need to be completed and determine what resources are required. Then you go ahead and do it. Sometimes we have good intentions but natural laziness kicks in once in a while and we abandon our goals and action plan. To overcome this state of inertia you need to get an accountability partner to keep you in check. If you need my help with keeping yourself accountable send me a message on any of my social media platform and I will get back to you.
- What if SH*T happens. You never know what might happen next.Maybe an emotional breakdown of the loss of loved which could send you off track or totally make you lose your drive. Failing does not make you a failure.It could mean that your goal wasn’t SMART. (look out for my SMART goal series) The good thing is that you learned from the experience so simply adjust and set smarter goals.
Generally it is our failures that civilize us. Triumph confirms us in our habits~Clive James
Take your time and answer these basic questions and don’t fail to share your thoughts here.